You are visiting or relocating to Ghana and wondering where you can get the best salon, TraveltoGhana your best local guide brings you the top 10 salons in Accra.
Beauty salons abound in Accra but there are only a limited number of operators who are experienced in dealing with a variety of hair textures and types. Many of the following have owners who are either European or American trained and give excellent results.
Most salons do not require an appointment although it is advisable unless you have time to wait. Salons are usually unisex and offer a full range of services. In addition to the salons listed, there are several good technicians who will come to your home for manicure, pedicure and massage. Recommendations for these services come best from friends and acquaintances.
1. Allure Salon & Spa in the City
Facials, massages, hair treatments, pedicures, manicures, waxing etc. Luxurious services, highly recommended.
- Location: 2 locations: – Effiansaba House, Ring Road East, Accra – A&C Shopping Mall, East Legon, Accra
- Telephone: Ring Road East: 030 277 3222, 030 276 7000, 030 277 8244, East Legon: 030 251 8913
- Opening Hours: M-Sa: 8:30am–8pm, Su: 2pm–7pm
2. Exotic Trendz
Exotic Salon provides exceptional experiences to their customers by providing a lush serene environment.
They have many salons throughout the city, offering hair care, body care and spa services. Newest one in the Movenpick Hotel.
- Location: 5 Locations: Anumansa St, Osu (Main), Accra Mall, A&C Mall, Marina Mall, Movenpick Hotel
- Telephone: Osu – 030 278 2952, A&C Mall – 030 296 3912, Movenpick Hotel – 030 295 5957, Marina Mall – 024 463 1771
- Opening Hours:
9am/10am-6pm/7pm, depending on location
3. Harmony Beauty Centre
A very pleasant little salon in Labone, run by Kseniia Ushinskaya. She offers many services: manicures and pedicures (including shellac nails and fancy designs), waxing and other cosmetic procedures. She pampers you well, and is very professional and meticulous. Best to call ahead and make an appointment.
- Location: Labone Crescent, near EcoBank, Labone, Accra.
- Telephone: 020 953 2156, 050 509 3290
- Opening Hours:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Headlines Salon
Unisex African and European hair care, pedicure, manicure, waxing, and facials.
Owner is European trained, ask for Thyra Riby-Williams.
- Location: 3rd Dadewalk Street in North Labone near Crusading Guides Office, North Labone, Accra.
- Telephone: 030 277 2179
- Opening Hours: M-Sa: 9:00am-6pm
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.headlinesghana.com
5. Marie Noelle’s Spa & Salon
Luxury day spa offering premier range of service from massages and facials, to manicures, pedicures,nail design, waxing/threading and hair care for African and European hair types. Lovely Welcome Tea culture and always a monthly special and fun events!
- Location: Kuku Hill, close to Noble House Chinese Restaurant, Osu, Accra
- Telephone: 030 276 4154, 027 153 8597
- Opening Hours: M-Sa: 9am-7pm
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.marienoellespa.com
- Facebook: MarieNoellesSpa
- Twitter: marienoellespa
6. Opik Glossy Nails and Beauty Clinic
Specializes in nail care, French/English manicures, acrylics and fiberglass nails, nail sculpture also offers massage, facials, ear piercing, steam therapy, saradics and a mini gym for private workout appointment suggested, ask for Evelyn Kufuor who is UK trained.
- Location: Dadeban Close, Near Christianbourg Hotel, Osu-Nyaniba Estates, Accra
- Telephone: 030 277 0888
- Opening Hours: M-Sa: 9am-6pm
7. JANE’M SALON & SPA
the first of its kind in Ghana. It is classy & unique. Established in its own setting on a 1,569 square meters serene environment, a pleasant atmosphere with big windows which bring the beauty of the outside into the inside. Its beautiful atrium garden harnesses the energy of natural daylight to delight your senses – allowing you to escape & experience pure relaxation and pampering in the hands of our professional & caring teams.
8. V’s Lounge
Valeria is a European trained therapist who offers a wide variety of treatments from massage, facials, body reshaping & cellulite treatments. Her salon also offers waxing, manicures & pedicures including gel & acrylic and eyelash/eyebrow tinting & shaping.
- Location: 23 Akosombo Street, Airport Residential, Accra
- Telephone: 020 340 0151, 054 278 3060
- Opening Hours:
- Email: Vs_Lounge@ymail.com
9. Salon City Spa
Facials, massage, eye treatments, hair extensions, waxing, manicure and pedicure, non-surgical face lift, men’s hair and skin care. Specializes in European hair. Highly recommended.
14th Lane, behind Koala, Osu, Accra
030 276 8751, 024 435 5752
- Opening Hours:
10. Star Unisex Salon
Antoinette owns and operates this salon. Well recommended for hair cutting, styling and colour. Uses quality colour products. Also provides manicure and pedicure services.
The salon is located on the second floor of the building (use the stairs at the back) above a shop called “My time” that sells clothing.
- Location: off Achimota Road. Coming from 37, turn right at the traffic lights/intersection with Abelemkpe Rd. Dzorwulu, Accra
- Telephone: 028 963 3711, 024 463 3711, 023 363 3711
- Opening Hours: M-S: 9am-7pm